Homing Fee for Dogs/Puppies
Our Adoption Contract and Fee’s
I will not part with possession of the Dog except to return to the above Rescue by prior arrangement, if for any reason I cannot keep the dog.
I Agree to Neuter/Spay my Pup on the date that is on the Neuter/Spay Form that I have signed.
I Agree to take care of my Dog and treat it as part of my family, it will be loved and cared for and in the event of illness or injury be seen to by a Vet and get a Booster Vaccination every year.
I Agree that my Dog will wear a collar with identity disc with details of a contact phone number. In the event of my Dog ever going missing I will do my best to track it down and will report it missing to the Local Garda Station, Rescue Centres, Dog Pounds and Cottage Rescue.
I Agree to make proper arrangements for my Dog to be cared for when I go away on Holidays. E.g. Boarding Kennels.
I Agree that I am taking this Dog as a Pet and not as a guard Dog or for breeding purposes.
I Agree and understand that if I have adopted a Pup of mixed breeding there is no guarantee as to the size that it will grow to be. Cottage Rescue will give as much Information as possible we do not always have the complete history of the Dog and therefore cannot guarantee Health, Behaviour, or Temperament of the Dog.
I fully understand the responsibility of owning a Dog and that it is a lifelong commitment and that it will have the run of a secure garden.
I also understand that I have to have to obtain a Dog Licence and that dogs on the Restricted Breeds list have to wear a Muzzle while out in public.
I Agree that any donation paid to Cottage Rescue is Non-Refundable should I wish to return the dog.
I confirm that I am over 18 years of age.
Cottage Rescue and it’s Representatives Reserve the Right to:
Do a follow up home check at anytime.
Remove the Dog from you should the dog be mistreated, neglected or if any of the above Contract Conditions are not adhered to.
A Homing Fee is required for all our Dogs & Puppies as this fee helps us to help more Dogs.
We will require a Minimum Donation of the following
Neutered/Spayed Dogs…. €100.00
Un-Neutered Puppies …… €80.00 (You will sign a an Agreement Form to get the Puppy Neutered when he/she is old enough)
This Homing Fee helps us to continue helping Puppies & Dogs as the veterinary bills can be expensive, we also have to feed the dogs and we pay Kennel Fees for the ones we have no room for.
Here is a run down on what the cost can be for different size dogs:
Spay/Neuter …….……....€100.00 to €180.00
Vaccinations …….………...€25.00 to €50.00
Microchip……………...……€25.00 to €45.00
Defleaing ………….…..…...€4.00 to €12.00
Worming …………..…...…..€4.50 to €10.00
Kennel Cough Vax…….. €25.00 to €35.00
All the above can vary from a Puppy to a Dog on size, age and sex.
As you can see running a Rescue can be very costly and we never get back the money we put into the animals!
That is why we need the help of YOU the Public to help us to continue.
We are always very grateful for donations of Dog/Puppy food.
Sometimes we have to get special food for the animals and often they need operations due to RTA accidents or may need other treatments, none of which is included in the above Rehoming Fee but we would ask you to be generous!
Contact Hannah to inquire about our Dogs & Pups for Adoption on: 087– 970 1919
The 10 COMMANDMENTS OF OWNING A DOG
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment…... I ONLY HAVE YOU!
5. Talk to me. even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget.
7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long or my
heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence".
Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember, I Love You.
© 2006 Cottage Rescue all rights reserved…
All Information on this website is Copyright Protected and must NOT be Reproduced in any form without first Obtaining Written Consent from Cottage Rescue Administrator.
Animals needing homes
How to Help